“Think of it like a big domino. If you could knock over that big domino, that would lead to them coming and visiting your school. And then obviously, when they come to your school, if you can get them to show up on your campus, upwards of 60 to 70 percent of those visitors to the campus will end up at least applying. And then of those people that apply, roughly about 60 to 80 percent, depending on the school, depending on location, will end up enrolling."
This is what our founder and president Ralph Cochran shared during his talk “2020 School Growth Case Studies: Results from Implementing a Story Marketing System” at the SCL Fall Retreat on Friday, 23 October 2020 at 11:30AM - 12:15 PM CDT.
Heads of school, board members, academic leaders, admissions and marketing directors and advancement directors were given the opportunity to find out more about the fastest, easiest and most reliable way to grow enrollment, open house tours and campus visits. Among the many important topics he discussed were:
- How the pandemic has put inbound marketing in the forefront,
- What the biggest struggle Classical Christian schools have in getting people to enroll in their schools,
- How similar and different the themes and issues are of startup school compared to established schools,
- How the content you put out affects your school growth, and
- How schools that have used Schola's School Growth Strategy saw growth in the last 90 days during the pandemic
Watch Ralph discuss why marketing to a prospective parent is different from getting into other sales and marketing transactions:
The pandemic has also didn’t slow us down in our aim to help Christian schools grow. Last September, Ralph also spoke to Christian school leaders in our collaborative event with SchoolsCompass in Nigeria. His book, Story Marketing for Christian Schools, was also made available for free download from October 23-27. You can still get a copy of the book here.
Missed the talk? If you are committed to knowing more about how you can get your school to thrive despite the pandemic, schedule a chat with us today.